I filled out a little quiz. I used to do these all the time. It just amuses me. Hope it amuses you!
- What was your favorite food when you were a child?
I remember getting really excited about boiled okra, zipper peas with relish, and steamed artichokes a lot. And pink Mentos.
- What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod?
"Three Songs of Praise: No 3: I Thank You God for Most This Amazing Day", from Cloudburst And Other Works by Eric Whitacre as performed by Polyphony and Stephen Layton. Yes, that's a mouthful. A big, beautiful mouthful.
- What is one of your favorite quotes?
"Not my circus; not my monkeys." - Polish proverb
- What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity?
Dreaming, zoning out, imagining, whatever you wanna call it. I like doing that. And holing up in my bedroom. I'm like a wolf, really.
- What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
Yard work of any and all kinds.
- What is your favorite form of exercise?
- What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year?
Late afternoon, Friday, October.
- What’s your least favorite mode of transportation?
Airplanes. Scare the daylights out of me.
- What is your favorite body part?
Well, my thighs are fantastically strong...
- What sounds do you love?
Smooth, lower (but not too low) talking voices, choirs, elderly men and women singers, my husband's voice, thunderstorms, the wind chimes at my Grandpa's house in south Georgia, and of course, bubble wrap.
- If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be like and what would it be for?
I would throw a party for approximately 2.5 people, and we would celebrate the small victories of the day, and we'd eat incredible food, make up jokes and lay on extremely squishy couches in our pajamas.
- If you could paint a picture of any scenery you’ve seen before, what would you paint?
A rainy, mid-morning Blue Ridge mountain view from the swing at my Aunt and Uncle's beautiful cabin.
- If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?
I just wouldn't choose that, ever. I want to age and then die. I want to feel what each age feels like, pain and all, and see what's in the cards when I die.
- If you knew the world was ending in 2015, what would you do differently?
Take more naps. Rest more. Just BE.
- If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor?
Oprah, Amy Poehler, Tina Fey, Iyanla Vanzant, Alanis Morissette, Harriet Tubman, Mother Teresa, Ghandi, Buddha, and Jesus. I want them all at one table. With me, of course, at the head. :P
- If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?
Jesus' whole deal. I'd love to see that for myself.
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
Play every musical instrument in the world. Paint. Drive properly. Sit still.
- If you had to work on only one project for the next year, what would it be?
My current music project. Oh, to only have to work on that would be a dream! Hopefully one day.
- If you were immortal for a day, what would you do?
Snap my fingers and go wherever I wanted.
- If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
Jane Eyre. Because that book is everything.
- If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?
My dad's mother. I would actually just bring her back with me. Let everyone meet her and know her.
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
Give most of it away. Lottery money scares me unless it's just all given away.
- If you were reincarnated as an animal/drink/ice cream flavor, what would it be?
What the heck is this question.
- If you could know the answer to any question, besides “What is the meaning of life?”, what would it be?
I really want to know why I can't wear pajamas all day and be taken seriously.
- If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose?
- Which celebrity do you get mistaken for?
I quite frequently am told I look like Zooey Deschanel. Although, she has recently traded her tiny top lip in for a plumped-up one, so we look way less alike now.
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
A singer, performer, songwriter. Always and forever. Oh, and a novelist. I want to write fiction books.
- When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time?
I lay the heck down and love every minute of it.
- What would you name the autobiography of your life?
Can't Put A Pretty Bow On It - Confessions Of An Over-Thinker.
- What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?
- Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best?
That's pretty much the best description of mine and my husband's love story.
- What was one of the best parties you’ve ever been to?
One where my friend got a strobe light and we rolled around the room after drinking way too much tequila.
- What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up?
Jane Eyre, and The Book Thief. And basically everything. I'm a sensitive little thing.
- What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
- What was the last experience that made you a stronger person?
Getting rejected by a music executive. Just fuel to this big, fat fire in my heart.
- What did you do growing up that got you into trouble?
Talking too much. Always.
- When was the last time you had an amazing meal?
My dad came in town 2 weeks ago and treated my hubs and I to an incredible meal at a fantastic restaurant downtown Nashville. Gnocchi rabbit stew with oven-baked okra that was to. DIE. for.
- What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received?
I gave my sister a shirt once that made her look like she was wearing a baby bib. It was real bad.
- What do you miss most about being a kid?
The carefree feeling.
- What is your first memory of being really excited?
Going to the beach as a kid.
- What was the first thing you bought with your own money?
A "Puppy Surprise" that was $35 and completely disappointing.
- When was the last time you were nervous?
Today. Been waiting on an email that's been making me a little cray.
- What is something you learned in the last week?
I can be a dang good cook when I wanna be.
- What story does your family always tell about you?
I don't think I want to know the answer to this one.
- At what age did you become an adult?
27, I think.